2017 Eligible Communities for Destination Marketing Grant include:
Ripley, Lucknow, Walkerton, Mildmay, Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Southampton, Port Elgin, Kincardine.
In order to qualify for the Collaborative Marketing Grant:
- Applicants must be a municipality, established or incorporated group or a stakeholder group in partnership with an incorporated group, and must have municipal support. This may include (but is not limited to) BIA, Chamber, Municipalities, tourism association, and business clusters (3 or more participants).
- Applicants may only have one grant application per category per intake and the project must be complete prior to an additional application.
- Projects must not have commenced prior to the awarding of the requested grant.
- Projects must be completed by October 31st, 2017. Extensions are not granted. If money is not spent it will be deemed an incomplete project and you will need to reapply next year.
- Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash contribution towards the total cost of the project for which they are applying for a grant.
- If applicant receives addition funding sources, they are required to provide a minimum 33% cash contribution
- Taxes are the full responsibility of the applicants.
- Eligible Project costs must be actual cash outlay to third parties acting at arms length and which can be documented through original invoices or proofs of payment
- Projects must demonstrate a contribution to the overall destination infrastructure of Bruce County and should not duplicate a role already fulfilled